Monday, March 13, 2017

Breakable (Contours of the Heart 2)

Author: Tammara Webber
Release Date: May 6, 2014
Publisher: Penguin Berkley
Pages: 361
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Contemporary, Young Adult

Summary

As a child, Landon Lucas Maxfield believed his life was perfect and looked forward to a future filled with promise--until tragedy tore his family apart and made him question everything he ever believed.

All he wanted was to leave the past behind. When he met Jacqueline Wallace, his desire to be everything she needed came so easy...

As easy as it could be for a man who learned that the soul is breakable and that everything you hoped for could be ripped away in a heartbeat. -Goodreads

The Rundown

I loved loved loved this book! Lucas may be my number one book boyfriend now, and he'll be a tough one to replace!

This isn't a sequel, but it's Easy retold from Lucas's point of view with prequel like flashbacks to his teen years after the tragic murder of his mom and the trauma and growth that followed. It will make you want to reach into the book and give sixteen year old Landon a hug! So many emotions! 

If I had one critique, it's on myself as a reader in that I dove right in to Breakable after finishing Easy so it took me longer to get through because it's the exact same story, with Lucas's high school years slipped in as the new parts. It loved seeing my favorite scenes from Easy through Lucas's eyes, but I feel like it took me longer to read because it was the same story I'd just finished. I know if I'd picked it up a month or two later, I would have flown through it. I'd recommend reading Easy first, and giving it some time before you pick up Breakable so you'll savor the new POV better than I did. 

Want to know why you should read Easy like yesterday? Click here for my review!

Rating: 4.5/5 Stars. If you don't fall in love with Lucas all over again...I don't know what to tell you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words in Deep Blue

Author: Cath Crowley Release Date: June 6, 2017 Publisher: Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers Pages: 273 Genre: Young Adult,...