Monday, September 26, 2016

Top Five Songs on My NaNoWriMo Playlist

Usually I post these on Friday, but I had an unusually busy weekend! My 10 year high school reunion was Saturday night (what? how? why? seriously?!) but it was a ton of fun! What does that have to do with a NaNoWriMo playlist? Every year for about four years now I've started a NaNoWriMo project. And every year I give up quicker than I give up on diets. But this will be my year! 2016 the year I actually finish a NaNoWriMo! 

Even if it's something that stays tucked away on a flash drive, it's still one of those bucket list things I'll be so thrilled to say that I did. The story idea I've been playing with has to do with that transition time when college is over but you feel like someone hit pause on your "grown up" life. Lots of laughs. Maybe some romance. We'll see. As I've been outlining and working on a rough draft, I put together a playlist that is a total throwback to my high school days that I listen to when my writing needs a boost.

Like any good early 2000s teen, I was super into the show One Tree Hill. And did you know that every episode was titled after a song that was often played during that show? Confession: somewhere there is a CD case with multiple One Tree Hill soundtracks most likely at my dad's house. No shame.

Anyway, here are the first five songs that inspired the first five chapters in my untitled and unlikely to ever be published NaNoWriMo project! Do you write to music? I'd love to hear what inspires you!! Comment below!

1) The Middle by Jimmy Eat World

Click here for the video!

2) Bouncing Off the Walls by Sugarcult

Click here for the video!

3) Say You Like Me by We The Kings

Click here for the video! 

4) I Wanna by The All American Rejects

Click here for the video!

5) Hands Down by Dashboard Confessional

Click here for the video!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Words in Deep Blue

Author: Cath Crowley Release Date: June 6, 2017 Publisher: Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers Pages: 273 Genre: Young Adult,...