Friday, September 30, 2016

Top Five Favorite Halloween Movies

September 30 to me is really October Eve! Just a whole month of all of my favorite things: Halloween, pumpkin everything, haunted houses, caramel apples, hay rides, bonfires, and movies! I am a child of the 90s and I can say without a doubt that we had THE BEST Halloween movies. Seriously. Here are my top five movies I always watch multiple times in October! What are yours?

PS-Look out for special spooky editions of the Top Five Friday countdowns all of October!


1) The Nightmare Before Christmas

Favorite Line: We can live like Jack and Sally if we want. Where you can always find me. And we'll have Halloween on Christmas. And in the night we'll wish this never ends.

Okay wait that's the line from a Blink 182 song, but perfectly sums up the dark weird love between Jack and Sally. And I'd love to live where the whole year revolves around Halloween.


2) Casper

Favorite Line: Can I keep you?

If you are of a certain age you can probably pinpoint your sexual awakening to a young Devon Sawa (as live Casper) whispering "Can I keep you?" to Kat while they slow danced and floated above the floor at the Halloween dance (in Kat's epically eccentric haunted seaside mansion).


3) The Addam's Family

Favorite Line: I'm a homicidal maniac. They look just like everyone else.

Yet another creepy, spooky, magically weird house I so badly wanted to live in as a child (and still do!).


4) Sleepy Hollow

Okay so this one isn't exactly one with a classic line, but if this isn't a feel good spooky movie I don't know what is. Late 18th century, upstate New York, and the Legend of the Headless Horseman. Oh and Johnny Depp. 


5) Halloween (1978. Don't you come at me with that Rob Zombie nonsense)

Once again, not one that's got a famous line. But probably the most iconic serial killer theme music! This movie used to scare me to death as a teenager, but now it's become the ultimate comfort Halloween movie. Plus there's a scene where two of the girls are driving around town and listening to "Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult. 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Words in Deep Blue

Author: Cath Crowley Release Date: June 6, 2017 Publisher: Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers Pages: 273 Genre: Young Adult,...