Friday, September 9, 2016

Top Five Books That Have Been on My TBR List Forever

Somewhere between having a full time librarian gig (sadly, I don't get to curl up and read all day at work. I've asked) and then going home to job number two (being a mama to my two year old mini me, Margot) my Goodreads list is like 400 deep. Here are my top five that have been hanging out on my TBR lineup for a minute (months...years...). 

What books are on your someday list? Comment below!!


1) Hollow City by Ransom Riggs 

I loved Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children! Why have I still not picked up the sequel??


2. Edge of Eternity by Ken Follett

One of the rare adult series I got hooked on. My reading range is typically middle grade to new adult because they're the best books anyway, right? I read the first two books in the series years ago and thought they were super cool. We follow these families from the US, Russia, England, Wales, and Germany through all of the major events of the 20th century. Maybe I've put this one off because they're crazy huge books, and this last one covers the 1960s-1980s so I think I've got a bit of a "too soon?" attitude.

3. Fall With Me by Jennifer L. Armentrout/J.Lynn

I fangirl Jennifer L. Armentrout hardcore. I flew through the first three books in this series when I was on bed rest before I had my daughter and each one was more swoonworthy than the last (especially Jase in the second book, Be With Me. Helloooo book boyfriend). Roxy was one of my favorite side characters in the third book and I can't wait to read her story (yet it's been on my TBR for two years now).


4. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews

Why? Why have I still not read this??? I've heard nothing but good things from other readers, yet here it still sits on my TBR list.


5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Am I the worst YA librarian ever for not having read this? Probably. To be fair, I picked it up once while my daughter was in the NICU (she was fine, just a teeny little preemie) and just couldn't. Hospitals and sick kids just hit a little too close to home at the time. Then time got away from me, but I know I really need to read this!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Words in Deep Blue

Author: Cath Crowley Release Date: June 6, 2017 Publisher: Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers Pages: 273 Genre: Young Adult,...