Friday, November 4, 2016

Top Five Things About Me & NaNoWriMo

I feel like a failed blogger. I haven't posted in nearly two weeks because of Halloween, Halloween programming, slacking off on reading as I do NaNoWriMo prep work, and having this tiny version of me that takes up a lot of my free time (aka my almost two year old daughter). 

As many of you know, November is National Novel Writing Month (break it down to the super fun to say NaNoWriMo). I won't even tell you how many years I've started NaNoWriMo or NaNoWriMo Camp and been on a roll for maybe a week if I'm lucky, and then something will come up and I'll miss a day or things will get crazy with Thanksgiving and before I know it, everything else is hitting their 50,000 words and I'm over here with 8,000. Every. Time.

But this, 2016, is my NaNoWriMo year! Even if my novel lives on a flash drive forever, it's still one I finished. Here are some fun facts about me and my NaNoWriMo 2016 project (with funny GIFs mostly for my own amusement)! Are you doing NaNoWriMo? I'd love to hear how you're doing so far!

1) Genre: New Adult Romance



via GIPHY

Because who doesn't love a good love story? I have been a fan of NA ever since I picked up "Losing It" by Cora Carmack. From that moment on I knew if I ever wrote a novel, it'd be New Adult.


2) Meet River O'Neal. 



via GIPHY

I watch a lot of Peaky Blinders. River O'Neal may not be a 1920s British gangster like Cillian Murphey's character, but he's just so pretty. River happens to be smart, a talented photographer, extremely funny, and a genuinely nice guy. You're welcome ladies.



3) So. Many. Feelings




via GIPHY

River and Camryn were close friends for just a year in high school before life took them down different paths that ultimately led them both back to their hometown after college. Camryn was able to get help for the traumatic abuse she endured as a child, but when returning home puts her in front of River, she has to find the strength to break down her own walls and let him in. River never understood why Camryn pushed him away that night all of those years ago. River often thought of Camryn, but his choices took him down a path he's not proud of. In front of her now, will he ever be good enough? Second chances at love while owning up to your past and embracing your future. 

Very tentative synopsis. Subject to change :)

So many feelings.

4) Theme Song: Existentialism on Prom Night by Straylight Run

Let's be real. So much music is influencing my project. But this song is the one I keep coming back to. It's so beautiful and I find myself listening to it a lot when I'm trying to nudge River and Camryn to trust each other again. 

Have listen here!

Favorite line: Sing me something soft. Sad and delicate. Or loud and out of key. Sing me anything. We're glad for what we've got. Done with what we've lost. Our whole lives laid out right in front of us. 


5) Thank You Coffee


via GIPHY

The past three days since NaNoWriMo started, I've gotten the majority of my writing in after my daughter goes to bed. And the dishes are done. And dinner is put away. And lunches are packed. And laundry is folded. I've punched in my word count just before midnight and my day starts just before six in the morning. Bless you coffee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words in Deep Blue

Author: Cath Crowley Release Date: June 6, 2017 Publisher: Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers Pages: 273 Genre: Young Adult,...