Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Charged (Saints of Denver #2)

Author: Jay Crownover
Release Date: May 24, 2016
Publisher: William Morrow
Pages: 361
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Contemporary

Summary

Avett Walker and Quaid Jackson's worlds have no reason to collide. Ever. Quaid is a high powered criminal attorney as slick as he is handsome. Avett is a pink-haired trouble maker with a bad attitude and a history of picking the wrong men. 

When Avett lands in a sea of hot water because of one terrible mistake, the only person who can get her out of it is the insanely sexy lawyer. The last thing on earth she wants to do is rely on the no-nonsense attorney who thinks of her as nothing more than a nuisance. He literally has her fate in his hands. Yet there is something about him that makes her want to convince him to loosen his tie and have a little fun...with her. 

Quaid never takes on clients like the impulsive young woman with a Technicolor dye job. She could stand to learn a hard lesson or two, but something about her and her guileless hazel eyes intrigues him. Still, he's determined to keep their relationship strictly business. But doing so is becoming more impossible with each day he spends with her. 

As they work side-by-side, they'll have to figure out a way to get along and keep their hands off each other--because the chemistry between them is beyond charged. --Goodreads

The Rundown

I wish that I could put my finger on it as to why, but you know how just about every series has that one book that just took you forever to read? In Crownover's Marked Men series, that book was Rome. I think Charged may be my Rome of the Saints of Denver series. 

It's not that it was bad at all, in fact I absolutely loved Quaid and Avett, who we met near the end of the Marked Men series. There was just so much going on with a crazy action packed plot, as well as setting up the romantic interests of the main characters for the last two books in the series, that I savored this book. I probably only read a chapter or two a day for a month because I new I'd have book hangover when I got to the end and I was right. 

I'm such a Crownover groupie that I don't think she can do anything wrong with her words. Her stories and characters are just...ahhh!!! Tattoos, fast cars and bikes, and hot steamy scenes all over the place. Need I say more?

What I loved more than anything about Quaid and Avett's story was seeing a bad girl step up and be her own hero while saving a good guy from thinking he's not good enough. The boys can't always be the one's doing all saving. I mean, where's the fun in that? 

If you like New Adult romances and you're not reading any of Jay Crownover's series...I don't know what you're doing with your life. Seriously.

Rating: 4/5 Stars. Hot. Steamy. Sexy. Action packed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Words in Deep Blue

Author: Cath Crowley Release Date: June 6, 2017 Publisher: Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers Pages: 273 Genre: Young Adult,...