Monday, October 3, 2016

It Ends With Us

Author: Colleen Hoover
Release Date: August 2, 2016
Publisher: Atria Books
Pages: 373
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Abuse

Summary

Lily hasn't always had it easy, but that's never stopped her from working hard for the life she wants. She's come a long way from the small town in Maine where she grew up--she graduated from college, moved to Boston, and started her own business. So when she feels a spark with a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid, everything in Lily's life suddenly seems almost too good to be true. 

Ryle is assertive, stubborn, and maybe even a little arrogant. He's also sensitive, brilliant, and has a total soft spot for Lily. And the way he looks in scrubs certainly doesn't hurt. Lily can't get him out of her head. But Ryle's complete aversion to relationships is disturbing. Even as Lily finds herself becoming the exception to his "no dating" rule, she can't help but wonder what made him that way in the first place. 

As questions about her new relationship overwhelm her, so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan-- her first love and a link to the past she left behind. He was her kindred spirit, her protector. When Atlas suddenly reappears, everything Lily has built with Ryle is threatened.

The Rundown

I spent the whole summer counting down the days till I could get my hands on this book. I absolutely love Colleen Hoover!

I think it took me so long to finish this book (almost a month which is like unheard of for me) because at times the deep pain that these characters were going through seeped into me and I had to put it down and breathe for a day or two. Talk about great writing all around!

Another thing that kept me going with this novel was almost the mystery about what was really going on in these character's lives. Pre-release hype for this novel was so great because Hoover really discouraged spoilers and instead stressed how deeply personal this novel was for her, going so far as to encourage readers to wait to read the author's note at the end when they'd finished the novel and asking reviewers to warn of spoilers. 

That said, it makes writing a review for my blog a little more difficult because I want to tell you everything, but more than me wanting to run my mouth, I want you to read it for yourself! I laughed, I cried, and felt pretty much every wave of emotion as I went through the joys and deep pains of life with these extremely real characters.

If you're a fan of overwhelmingly emotional and passionate contemporary romance, this absolutely has to be your next read. And that's all I have to say about that.

Rating: 4 Stars! Great book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words in Deep Blue

Author: Cath Crowley Release Date: June 6, 2017 Publisher: Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers Pages: 273 Genre: Young Adult,...